Head Chef - Surrey
HD - H67
Reports to: General Manager.
- Create and produce menus to the high quality expected, ensuring all food production is of the highest standard.
- Provide management and financial information as well as stock figures.
- Ensure compliance with all food hygiene and health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Work closely with the Sales team to plan and deliver customer requirements.
- Assist with all administrative duties including goods received notes and correct invoicing.
- Manage the kitchens team and Agency chefs.
- Ability to manage a team and produce rota.
- To be able to negotiate with Suppliers for best products at best cost prices.
- Effectively manage kitchen areas, ensuring stock rotation.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Work closely with the management team on producing and reviewing kiosk menus and cleanliness of all concourse Food & Beverage.
- Managing your time effectively and be flexible to cover the business demands.
- Any other relevant duties.
- Relevant industry professional catering qualifications and evidence of continuous development.
- Minimum of three years working in a responsible role in a similar, high volume, customer focussed environment.
- Knowledge of budgeting, stock and margin control.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with the ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills, organise and smart.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of financial implications and margin control.
- Confidence and energy, with a proactive nature and the ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the management of statutory requirements.
- Have a thorough understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations as a minimum.
- Hold a basic food hygiene certificate.
- Experience of providing excellent customer experience
- Experience of budget/cost management.