“Senior Support Worker – £9.95/hour
We currently are recruiting for our Client with their Residential homes based in Greater Manchester. They provide Care services to Children & Young People and Young Adults with challenging behaviours and learning difficulties.
We are looking for passionate individuals with caring personality and who are Resilient.
To be successful you should have
- A full valid UK Drivers Licence, and own vehicles (essential)
- A min diploma level 2 in Health & Social Care, or Level 3 (advantage)
- At least of 3 years of experience in this sector particularly caring for Children/Young People with challenging behaviours and learning difficulties (essential)
- Commitment to the aims & objectives of the service.
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Knowledge and commitment regarding Equal Opportunities
- A commitment to undertake training and development as required
- Honesty, reliability, and trustworthiness
- Commitment to Equality & Diversity as part of your role
JOB TITLE: Senior Support Worker
REPORTING TO: Registered Manager, Service Manager and Director
JOB PURPOSE: To work as a senior member of the team in the provision of care and support services for people with Autism, Learning Disabilities and/or behaviours that may challenge; which aims to maximise the potential of individuals in line with ordinary life principles. Maybe required to take charge of the home/service in absence of the Registered Manager and/or Service Manager and to undertake on-call duties.
SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to people with learning disabilities and Autism
- A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individuals’ wishes
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with Service Users, colleagues, family members, managers, and other persons with a legitimate interest in the project
- Commitment to training and development
- Flexible and innovative approach to working
- Knowledge of care planning systems
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
If you are a passionate individual with caring personality and who is resilient, please contact us as we need you!!
When filling in the form, please enter these details
Reference # : [ #058_1_2 Greater Manchester ]
Job title & Location : [ Senior Support Worker – Manchester ] ”