Nursing Home, Derbyshire £18.40 p/h | Full-time 36 hour Contract – Day Shifts | Elderly & Dementia Home – Good CQC
Our Client is looking for a permanent, full-time Clinical Lead to join their fantastic, hard-working team at one of our care homes, The Meadows, Alfreton.
The Home has achieved the Derbyshire Dementia Standards Award, which recognises the philosophy of the home to deliver “person-centred” care, delivered by well-trained and supported staff with the aim of ‘bringing out the best in everybody’. The home is also hold The Derbyshire Dignity Campaign Award and The Derbyshire End of Life Quality Award, which in order to achieve, it had to be demonstrated that excellent End of life Care was delivered in a number of ways.
Details of this Clinical Lead position and what the home is offering:
- A permanent, full-time contract, working day shifts over a 7 day rota
- Pay rate of £18.40 per hour
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing learning and development opportunities
What We Are Looking For:
- NMC Registered Nurse – General nurse preferred, but Adult/RGN or Mental Health/RMN will both be considered
- Ideally you will have some experience in a UK nursing home setting or will have a keen interest in working in older peoples’ services
- A flexible approach to shift patterns and able to adhere to a 7 day rota
As a Clinical Lead Nurse you have responsibility for leading a team of nursing staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of care, which promotes independence and dignity, and positively enhances the lives of individuals in our care.
- Ensure the delivery of quality care – continually assessing our residents’ needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life
- Encourage independence and personal choice – develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs
- · Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our residents
- Conduct care audits – monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service
- Take an active role in training for the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the training resources of the company to ensure that nursing staff are kept up to date with current practices
- Take a leadership role for your team – ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and rotas are in place
- Take an active role in the development of yourself and others – ensure that skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing requirements of the home
- To work alongside staff to support and develop their clinical skills and experience
Qualifications & Accreditations
- NMC Registered Nurse
- The ability to lead a team
- The candidate would preferably be a General Nurse, with clinical experience and knowledge
- Numerate and literate with the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Able to analyse problems and propose solutions
- Sensitive to and respectful of the values, views and needs of others
- Able to effectively prioritise workload
- Identifies and suggests ideas to improve their area of work and is willing to make new ways of working a success
- Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
About our Client’s Company
Their philosophy is simple and unwavering.
At our Client’s Care Homes it is the right of each resident in our care…
- to be cared for with dignity, respect, compassion and kindness
- to receive care based on individual needs and informed choice
- to feel part of a community
- to voice opinions and make personal decisions at all times
- to be cared for by people who appreciate their need for privacy
If you’re the sort of person who treats others with respect, listens to their needs, understands their emotions, and is warm, kind and honest, we want you!